Control panel v2 installed

Long time no post. Have recently replaced the brake cables, one was too short and was twisted, think it effected brakes. Also managed to change the handlebars to the white set pictured in renderings. I have installed the v2 control panel that will accommodate the covering covers for the bike and now holds the contactor….

Switch panel v2 & cover

Have finally printed out a solid version of the switch panel and cover. Looks okay for a first bash but would like to make some amendments to some parts to increase the quality. All new part fi together perfectly. Need to find a rubber strip about 1-2mm thick to place in the channel where the…

New 48v contactor

I have decided to consider using a new 48v contactor. The current coil in the contactor is rate 12-36v… so it is being stressed because the Kelly Controller asks that the contactor be connected through the 48v battery. So to amend this moving forward I have a more appropriate 48v connector that will take 200amps….

CT22 Brackets

Managed to source a cheap laser cutter so I thought I’d test them out with some simple stuff. I have been wanting to increase the height of the CT22 for a while to make cable management easier, so this seemed like e perfect opportunity to put together some new line work that increase the height…

Seat Pan

Have been working on the Seat pan. Originally I was going to RP the pan, but after a bit of experimentation I decided that it wasn’t strong enough to take a serious amount of abuse from my buttocks. Instead I cut and shaped come 2mm aluminium then redesigned the holder to fix onto the plate….

WIP lights

Finally got lights connected to the handlebar switches… after having to acquire an homologated headlight. Still a query on the rear amber lights might need to move them further back. TBH, I mainly made this post because I like making GIFs

CT-22 display on XJ600e

CT-22 display is working… Great. There are still issues with the battery indicator. I fear that this might be due to the negative running though the BMS not directly to the battery. will eventually get this sorted out, and if that doesn’t work crying for five minutes before further diagnostics will be my a viable…

Not pretty, but she’s a running

So, the basic powertrain of the battery, BMS, controller and the motor have been completed, or as much as they can be for now, and….. xj600e is alive and running under at full power of 100ah (charge socket works too). I am happy to see it finally work TBH. I had a couple of issues…

Insulation

Feeling paranoid that I am placing batteries in metal cases I have decided to insulate the inside of all the metal boxes. Even though the voltage cable connection points are covered with rubber boots and no metal is exposed the inside of the controller (pictured) has been coated with heat resistant high temperature polyimide tape…

Power cable–ing

Spent some time power cable–ing. I have managed to route the 12v, hall sensor cables, and power cables after making a new gland bracket to hold the V/W/U motor cables. Need to do some tests before firing it up. The last test used 48v on the connector. It should use 12v, technically, so I will…