Switch panel v2 & cover

Have finally printed out a solid version of the switch panel and cover. Looks okay for a first bash but would like to make some amendments to some parts to increase the quality. All new part fi together perfectly. Need to find a rubber strip about 1-2mm thick to place in the channel where the…

Security

I have decided to take some measures to give the bike a small level of security by locking up the activation switches. I have designed a cam lock into the switch cover. Quite simple really and there is enough purchase at the back of the new switch panel to hold the lever securely. Ultimately this…

Details…

I think I finally feel happy with the main surfaces of the covers. However, there is a fair distance to travel still until it is ready to print unfortunately. Parts still need to be designed for functions such as airflow, movability, and fixing. First task of late has been airflow. The old design had heat…

Surface update

Have worked on some surface updates that include a load of details that aren’t so visible but are needed to make printable parts that fit to the frame securely. The surfaces are still WIP so still a shed load to finish. Main area to date have been the formation of : – The new blistered…

Control Panel v2

The first switch panel was great as a mule to test the system but it didn’t match the upper panels so it’s time to make a new design that works better with the upper panels. Once I have finished this i need to make a flip-up cover to give access to the panel and make…

New 48v contactor

I have decided to consider using a new 48v contactor. The current coil in the contactor is rate 12-36v… so it is being stressed because the Kelly Controller asks that the contactor be connected through the 48v battery. So to amend this moving forward I have a more appropriate 48v connector that will take 200amps….

CT22 Brackets

Managed to source a cheap laser cutter so I thought I’d test them out with some simple stuff. I have been wanting to increase the height of the CT22 for a while to make cable management easier, so this seemed like e perfect opportunity to put together some new line work that increase the height…

Bluetooth Kelly configurator

Got a Bluetooth (BT) dongle from SIAECOSYS in China. I have had issues connecting to the controller via PC COM/USB. It doesn’t always work, I have to repeatedly try until the controller and PC ‘gave-in’ (I’m sure it’s more complicated than that). However I have never had such issues with my ANT BMS which is…

Seat Pan

Have been working on the Seat pan. Originally I was going to RP the pan, but after a bit of experimentation I decided that it wasn’t strong enough to take a serious amount of abuse from my buttocks. Instead I cut and shaped come 2mm aluminium then redesigned the holder to fix onto the plate….

WIP lights

Finally got lights connected to the handlebar switches… after having to acquire an homologated headlight. Still a query on the rear amber lights might need to move them further back. TBH, I mainly made this post because I like making GIFs