282 LEDs

After experimenting with a regular domestic light to check out the effect of back lighting the translucent red filament I managed to get my hands on some 12v LED strips to see what they look like. I worried that the light might either be too bright or dull, but this was not an issue. The…

Bit more rear red?

Have been experimenting with translucent materials and thinking of 101 ways to drain the battery while I wait for parts to arrive. Decided to have a go at an ambient/stop night time light. As the only colour I believe I should use on the vehicle at night are front: clear/amber and rear: red/amber I thought…

Alu under bracket

Managed to get my hands on a sheet of 3mm 1050 Aluminium (a test of sheer will if looking for a decent price in these COVID times) so I could hack and fold the under bracket in a hard material. I haven’t used 3mm material before so I was a bit worried about folding and…

Brake lines

How long should the brake lines be? As long as a piece of string! Planning the final dimensions for the brake lines. Measurements have been taken with a cord. The factory lines at the front (1 x 310mm upper / 2 x 495mm lower) do not need to be changed. However the rear line is…

Cafe again

Not too bad in eCafe style too, by the seaside… That is all!

Alu controller box

Started to experiment with brazing. Cut the alu from the patterns developed in card. bent some stuff and started burning stuff… #fire! Didn’t turn out too bad for a first try at brazing. Had a couple of parts that I decided to bolt to the main box, so that I could disassemble and change the…

Battery case reconfig.

Started to reconfigure the components of the battery box. added DCDC convertor for 12v supply and have moved the connector behind the L-shape bracket that also holds the charger. The battery case is looking a bit worst for ware after being offered up to the frame so many times but nowt a lick of flat…

Lockdown metalwork

Starting to get back into metal fabrication again in the newly announced COVID19 lockdowns. As we’re all locked up in the house I thought I might as well get on with some aluminium work to maintain some progression. Making good use of the sheet bender to form the socket holder and the battery case cover….

Charger mounting

Have finally started to mount components to the frame again to check fit. One item that I haven’t fitted before is the charger. It needed some mods because the cable casing had fractured but it was interesting to see how it fits to the case after a mock bracket had been fabricated. Will start to…

26650s

26650s have arrived. they look like quality items. Up to 70amps, should be more than enough for the for the 30amp system. looking forward to putting these together to make my first self built battery pack — the start of many great things one hopes.