Seat mock-up for upholstery v2

Have had a rethink about the seat. Needed to check it with rads… because I really want to find an upholsterer that can get clear rads as close to the 5mm used on the CAD model. I also placed the central line in the model to check that. Actually does a lot to reduce the…

Seat mock-up for upholstery

Originally I was going to make a foam mock-up of the seat as in CAD. However, I thought it would be a bit more accurate as an RP mock-up that matched the CAD model as a hard reference for the upholsterers foam. There was a strange 30mm correction to make. Which leads me to think…

Wheel covers (v2 angled) installed

Over the Christmas hols I managed to print out the angled v2 wheel covers. spent a bit of time prepping the surfaces so they match the wheel. Think the look okay. I have a couple of fitment issues but nothing that effects the performance, just tweaks. Oh well, on to the next thing! Maybe try…

Wheel covers (v2 angled)

The first version (v1) of the wheel covers had flat side. The geometry was adequate on v1. However the original design visualised an angled conical cover, so amendments need to me made to v1. On v2 print time has increased from 2hrs to 6hrs. But maybe some volume reductions in the void created by the…

Wheel covers (v1 flat)

Have spend a bit of time practicing the split part thing on the wheel covers. The first version is flat but I’ll aim to angle the surfaces on future designs so that they match the angle of the bevel on the hub motor. On the QS hub motor 35mm M4 screws are perfect to attach…

Back-top panel fitment

The print of the first part went surprisingly well. Fitment was good on the frame to my relief. I had to make pre-planned cuts to the controller cover. Plus, I needed to make changes to the seat pan to pull the surface that interacts with the panels back to give some clearance for the upholstery…

1st split panel

Back to the print… First split panel has been detailed with preliminary locator & fixing points. Yes, I need to get a load more completed. But, so chuffed to get the first one out of CAD and into the 3D printer. After looking at the model and the new part I think the only additional…

Control panel v2 installed

Long time no post. Have recently replaced the brake cables, one was too short and was twisted, think it effected brakes. Also managed to change the handlebars to the white set pictured in renderings. I have installed the v2 control panel that will accommodate the covering covers for the bike and now holds the contactor….

Switch panel v2 & cover

Have finally printed out a solid version of the switch panel and cover. Looks okay for a first bash but would like to make some amendments to some parts to increase the quality. All new part fi together perfectly. Need to find a rubber strip about 1-2mm thick to place in the channel where the…