1st split panel

Back to the print… First split panel has been detailed with preliminary locator & fixing points. Yes, I need to get a load more completed. But, so chuffed to get the first one out of CAD and into the 3D printer. After looking at the model and the new part I think the only additional…

Security

I have decided to take some measures to give the bike a small level of security by locking up the activation switches. I have designed a cam lock into the switch cover. Quite simple really and there is enough purchase at the back of the new switch panel to hold the lever securely. Ultimately this…

Details…

I think I finally feel happy with the main surfaces of the covers. However, there is a fair distance to travel still until it is ready to print unfortunately. Parts still need to be designed for functions such as airflow, movability, and fixing. First task of late has been airflow. The old design had heat…

Surface update

Have worked on some surface updates that include a load of details that aren’t so visible but are needed to make printable parts that fit to the frame securely. The surfaces are still WIP so still a shed load to finish. Main area to date have been the formation of : – The new blistered…

Control Panel v2

The first switch panel was great as a mule to test the system but it didn’t match the upper panels so it’s time to make a new design that works better with the upper panels. Once I have finished this i need to make a flip-up cover to give access to the panel and make…

Top panel breaks

I have started to think about how to supports and breaks on the top panels in 300mm chunks. Although I’m still at very early days I thought it will be sensible to make the controller cover made from aluminium the main structural component of this assembly. The top, side, front and rear replacement panel pinning…

Cover redesign

3 issues that seem important at the moment: Access to the control panel – Currently thinking of a hatch over the control panel that hinges from the front (pivot point arrowed in red). Potentially this could be locked. Air flow to the bottom of the controller – Marked in green thinking that it would be…

Switch panel

Need to start mounting some of the components that are just hanging around at the moment. I have put something together in CAD quickly and spent a bit of time with the printer. Have tried a new material rPETG that has a substantially higher temperature and water resistance and has excellent ductile strength making it…

Isolator carriage v2 printed

I know I should be used to it by now (after all I see it happens all the time in University and in the design industry) but it still amazes me that I can print designs into reality that only exist on a computer. Anyway, I managed to push out a rough print overnight to…

Isolator carriage v2

Have made some changes to v1 design of the isolator carriage. A bit more cable management and some amendments to the BMS to ensure the charge input cables are orriended correctly, etc. Need to print the design to double check it maybe get some advise of the management of the cables. Currently the high and…